Monday, November 7, 2011

Colorblocking Trend

Despite having a pretty busy weekend (it was D's birthday weekend, photos of that to come later).  I managed to make it over to the mall on Sunday.  I don't have any fall clothes!!

I know this isn't new news but colorblocking seems to be the big thing still!

I was browsing Bloomingdales regular and sale racks and I came across these two colorblocking dresses that I quickly bought on presale, one to be picked up Wednesday, the other being sent to my house if they have it in stock.

I actually saw this first one the other night at Nordstrom but it wasn't on sale.  I love the colors of this dress and the long but sheer sleeves.  I'm not at my thinnest so I love that the dress is slightly billowy but is cinched at the waist for some definition.

French Connection Fast Shelby Stripe Dress / Photo courtesy of frenchconnection.com

The next dress I loved a while ago but was not prepared to shell out full price for it.  Low and behold it was on sale 30% and an extra 20% and I scooped this baby up without hesitation, yay for friends and family.  I couldn't actually find the dress in the colors I purchased (colbalt blue, nude, and black) but here is the other version.  I like my version more, the bright blue against the nude and black has so much more pop!

I also noticed another difference, the dress is pictured on a few sites, one has a ribbon sash, one has a skinny belt, but the SA at Bloomindales told me mine has niether.  I know I must have a skinny black belt somewhere at home or a ribbon.

DKNY Pleated Colorblock Dress / Photo courtesy of DKNY.com


No comments:

Post a Comment